Eligibility Criterions for Direct Second Year of Post SSC Diploma in
Engineering / Technology
- The Candidate Should be an Indian national.
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics/
Mathematics /Chemistry / Computer Science
/Electronics /Information Technology/
Biology / Informatics Practices/
Biotechnology /Technical Vocational subject/
Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics / Business
Studies/Entrepreneurship (Any of the three).
10th + (2 years ITI) shall be eligible for
admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s)
in ANY branch of Engineering and
- For candidate passing ITI, the term ‘aggregate marks’ used here shall
mean as follows:
- ITI (CTS or ATS) and 2 Years MSBVE/MSBSD Courses: The
aggregate marks shall be the marks obtained in the last year/last
two semesters (Third and Fourth Sem).
- COE Course/Basic Sector of 1-year duration: aggregate marks
shall be sum of all 3 groups.
- The Group for admission to Direct Second year is given in Annexure – III.
- List of Technical (Bifocal), Vocational (MCVC) subject is given in Annexure
(The Affiliating Body will offer suitable bridge courses such as Mathematics,
Engineering drawing, etc., for the students coming diverse backgrounds to achieve
desired learning outcomes of the programme)
Note: Other than Maharashtra State Candidates shall be eligible for
The distribution of Seats available shall be notified on the website before submission of
Option Form of Centralized Admission Process. Lateral Entry Seats 10% of Sanctioned
Intake, which will be over and above the Sanctioned Intake.
Type of Institute
Unaided Minority Institute
(Lateral Entry Seats + Vacant Seats) – Minority Quota
Minimum 51% of (Lateral Entry Seats + Vacant Seats)
Assignment of Merit number of various courses : The merit list of the
eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks
obtained at the qualifying examination,
Provided that, in case of tie, the relative merit of Candidates shall be resolved in the
following order of preference and the methodology as specified below :-
- Higher percentage of marks in the subject Mathematics at SSC.
- Higher percentage of marks in the subject Science at SSC.
- Higher percentage of marks in the subject English at SSC.
- The admissions are carried out as per the norms and schedule framed by the DTE from
time to time.
- Institute is participated in Centralised Admission Process (CAP):-
Authority shall invite Online Applications from Candidates for participating in CAP
for seeking admission.
There is No Institutional quota as such for direct second year diploma
however, vacancies if any after last round can be filled by institution, which is
termed as institutional quota.
Approved fees for the Academic Year 2023-24 by Fee Regulating Authority are as
|Tution & Development Fees
|MSBTE Exam Fee (Odd & Even Semester)
|MSBTE Enrollment Fee
|MSBTE Certificate of Backlog Fee
Note : Fees in form of ‘Demand Draft / Pay Order of Nationalized
in favour of ‘Thakur Polytechnic’
Refund of Fees after cancellation of admission by Institutions
- The Candidate shall apply online for cancellation and submit signed copy of
generated Application for cancellation
of admission to the institution.
- After receiving admission cancellation request from the Candidate, the
shall cancel the admission immediately
and generate online acknowledgement of cancellation of admission through
login and issue a signed copy to
- The refund of fees before cut-off date of admission shall be made within two
i.e. total fee minus the processing charges
of Rs. 1,000 or refund rule shall be as per the guidelines of the appropriate
authorities or the State Government, as
the case may be.
- If the admission is cancelled after the cut-off date of admission declared by
Competent Authority, there shall be no
refund except the Security Deposit and Caution Money Deposit.